Google
 

Linux Distro Counter

Welcome to Open Source Software and Linux Blog.

Hi, everyone!. I just created this blog to share knowledge about open source software and Linux. If you all have knowledge and info related to open source / Linux, please share or send me an email. Thanks ^_^

Thursday, July 24, 2008

How to bridge your NIC on OpenBSD








Firstly, I'm very sorry because not posting in this blog for along time. This is because I'm quite busy for the ISO preparation in my company.

This is the how to for NIC bridging on OpenBSD:

1. Make sure you know what is your ethernet card by your OS such as eth0, em0 or etc. To look just use this command

ifconfig -a

2. For example you NIC is em0 and em1.

3. Create the file name hostname.em0, hostname.em1 and bridgename.bridge0 in /etc directory

4. Put word up in hostname.em0 and hostname.em1. Put sentence add em0 add em1 up in bridgename.bridge0.

5. restart you network by command

sh /etc/netstart

6. Finish

Easy right? Enjoy!

2 comments:

Muhammad Azizul Darus said...

Thank you. I try to spare my time to write this blog. My time is so tight. Thanks again for reading my blog.

tweety said...

This post is great. Thank you for this post. I like this type of people who share knowledge with others.software testing